A little History
Holy Trinity was built in 1841 for the growing population in the Strawberry Hill area, and was extended in 1861. The organ was made in 1883 by one of England’s most famous organ-builders, Henry Willis. During World War II a bomb on the Green caused damage to one side of the church, which led to the refurbishing of the side chapel. In 1979 the rear section of the church was divided off to create the Parish Room. In 2008 this was completely refurbished for church and community use and renamed the Green Room. Down the years, Holy Trinity has had a close link with Archdeacon Cambridge’s Primary School, a link which still exists today.
At the front of the church, overlooking the Green, is a war memorial to local people who died in World War One.
Holy Trinity doesn’t have a graveyard, but the interior of the church contains a number of memorial plaques.
Parish archives and old registers are all held by
The London Metropolitan Archives,
40 Northampton Rd, London EC1R OHB
Tel: 020 7332 3820